Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Enemies II

It's been a while since my last update, and I feel like I know some much more than I did then. I've been going through a couple books, and whatever app tutorials I could find online, just making as many apps as I could. Now I feel like I'm really ready to start cranking out my own stuff.


  
Github


Progress I've made


So the app looks pretty much the same, but I completely overhauled the code and made another activity. Before, all I really had was a list that you could add and delete things from, now I've got a real data model. I made an Enemy class, and an EnemyAdapter to add them to my listview. Having theses new classes. will make it far easier to access and modify my data. I also did a bit of refactoring. My onCreate method a real mess before. I created a few methods, mostly to setup click listeners, and the whole thing's a lot more tidy and modular.


Next Steps


1. The Enemy class consists of a name and an Arraylist of strings , which will contain the reasons why this person or company is hated. I need to display the contents of this ArrayList on my DetailActivity. I'd like to use card views. I've never used them before though, so I've got to figure out how they work.

2. Users also need to be able to add more reasons on the detail page. I think I might implement a FAB in the bottom right corner. Another view element that I've never worked with before.

3. I think I might try to use a viewholder pattern in my adapter to make my listview a bit more efficient.

4. And most importantly, users need to be able to save their data. I think I'm going to use shared preferences for this.



No comments:

Post a Comment