Thursday, August 27, 2015

Enemies IV

                                

GitHub

Changes

So, I styled my cards a bit and increased the text size. I also did move to a new library for my FAButton and it works pretty much like I want it to. Like in my other ListView, I added delete/edit function onLongItemClick. The biggest change was another update to my data model, mostly to support the date for my timestamp. I could have probably made one before, but I was concerned that if the data wasn't attached specifically to each description, I'd have a lot of trouble saving it. 


Previous Model
Enemy Class:
Name(String), Descriptions(ArrayList<String>) 

New Model
Enemy Class:
name(String), Reasons(ArrayList<Reason>)
Reason Class:
description(String), time(Date)


This made completing my CardAdapter much easier, because I really needed a description and a timestamp that were attached to the same object. I used a viewholder pattern for my card adapter.


I've come to a realization

Last night, after literally three hours of scouring google and stackoverflow and fighting with my code, I decided that it really wasn't worth it to style my dialogs. I had some other cool ideas in mind for this app too: Swipe to delete with a snackbar, longClick select for my detail page that would switch out the add FAB with one for deleting posts. I'm not doing those either. The 1.0 version of Enemies is going to look pretty much as it does now. At this point, it is just an egregious waste of time to spend hours trying to implement some design feature(The brown and yellow dialogs I had in mind would have looked horrible anyway.) I want to be pushing myself in new directions and learning valuable new things. Basically, learning how to effectively work with java is going to take precedence right now. I'll be back eventually to style the crap out of this app, and hopefully when I do, it will come a lot easier.


So now all that's left is data persistence.



 


No comments:

Post a Comment