Thursday, February 11, 2016

StatMan V

                                   

GitHub


This will be quick because I mainly just added a Navigation Drawer and I covered most of that in Choices. The only difference is that I wanted my drawer under the Toolbar in this app. Based on past experiences, I thought this would be kind of a pain, but it was just a matter of changing how I nested views in xml.

I did run into a bug that was quite annoying. The first time I launched the app after adding the Navigation Drawer, my images were all distorted.



I narrowed the problem down to Android Support Design Library. I couldn't figure out what was wrong, I was thinking it had to be something in my ImageHelper class, but it was pretty hard to search for a solution. You know, the word image, no matter what the context, generally brings up actual images, not SO posts about problems with images. I was half way into my own SO post when I remembered that Picasso exists. I thought that would be a fix because it eliminates the need for my helper class, but I had the same results.

I actually still don't know exactly what caused the problem. When I was going to make that post, I decided to change all the pictures in the app to a goofy one of myself. To my surprise, the images did not change when I reopened the app. So I cleared the app's data, and that ended up fixing the larger distortion issue. I also noticed that when I used picasso, it drawer animations were a lot smoother than they had been with my helper class(I guess it needs some work), so I kept it in my app.

Now I've got some actual coding to do. I'm planning on using a couple different fragments in my navigation drawer, so my main concern right now is getting those fragments to interact with each other, and with my main activity.

No comments:

Post a Comment